Research projects relating to bioinformatics, computational biology and biomedical engineering
1) Protein structure and function and structural bioinformatics of industrially important hydrolases including esterases and glycosidases.
2) Comparative genomics analysis of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCR) and the GPCR signaling pathways.
1) Development of a computational model of basal ganglia for Parkinson’s disease.
2) Cardiac Memory involving modeling conduction system of the heart that incorporates dynamic gap junctions.
1) Computational Biophysics including molecular modeling of enzyme-substrate/enzyme-inhibitor interactions, structure-based drug discovery and bio-molecular simulations.
2) Computational Green Chemistry including designing fluorine-based surfactants that stabilize the aqueous proteins in supercritical CO2.
1) Bioreactor Modeling and simulation and control including modeling of immobilized enzyme membrane bioreactors and metabolic flux analysis of Hyaluronic acid
1) Systems level modeling of the cellular stress response to recombinant protein over-expression in Escherichia coli.
1) Quantitative structure activity relationship (QSAR) for antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory compounds.
1)Theoretical/Mathematical Biology & Biophysics
2)Statistical Physics of Biological systems
3)Non-equilibrium phenomena / Rate processes in Biology