1. Drug Design and QSAR for Anti-inflammatory, Antimicrobial,
* Enzyme-Ligand Binding studies
* Synergy of natural products and synthetic
* Modelling of drug delivery systems (polymer
and drug- Interactions)
2. Polymers in Medical Applications
* Analysis of arterial explants, urinary stents
* Bacterial adhesion, Surface modifications
3. Biodegradation/Biofouling of Polymers
* Marine and soil organism mediated
4. Scale-up of Chemical processes – (Rubber Chemicals,
Plastics, Specialty Chemicals, Explosives, Pharmaceuticals and
* Bioreactor design
* Reaction mechanism studies of homogeneous, heterogeneous and
enzyme catalysed reactions
5. Systems modelling (EEG and disease classification, pathway
of Parkinson disease)
6. Statistical process control, Biostatistics and Six-Sigma.
* PhD: Process Control, University of Aston, Birmingham, UK
* M Tech: Process control, Chemical engineering, I.I.T. Madras
* B Tech: Chemical engineering , I.I.T. Madras
Post Doctoral Experience
* Chemical Engineering Department, Texas A&M University, USA (1988 - '89).
* Chemical Engineering Department, University of Cambridge, UK (1980 - '83).
Honors and Awards
* Editorial Board of open Enzyme Inhibition Journal(2008-)
* Editorial Board of open Petroleum Engineering Journal(2008-)
* Editorial Board of Chemical Engineering, McGraw Hill Publ, USA (2003-)
* Indian Institute of Chemical engineers 'Herdilla award' for Excellence in Basic
research in Chemical engineering (1995).
* Prof Kane visiting fellowship, UICT, Bombay (2003-2004)
* Lupin India visiting fellowship, UICT, Bombay (2002)
* Dai Ichi Karkaria Fellowship, UICT, Bombay (2000)
* Chinnamaul prize for best technical paper presented, IIChE Annual conf (1994).
* Commonwealth scholarship for doing PhD at UK